Saturday, June 7, 2008

Little Black Dress Motivation

Thrift store shopping is one of my passions. I love to find great clothes cheap. And since they are cheap, I have no problem buying something fantastic in a size smaller than I am, hoping that it will fit at some point in the future.

A few weeks ago, I bought a really cute black summer halter dress. It was so tight that I could barely zip it and was afraid of ripping it when I did, but it was just too cute to pass up -- on the chance that I would be able to wear it someday.

When I found out that I'd be going to New Orleans last weekend, I knew the dress would be perfect for my trip if only I could fit into it. I suddenly had my weightloss motivation in the form of a little black dress.

Well, I am happy to report that I was able to wear the dress in New Orleans and, though it was just a tad snug in the ribcage, it was not at all too tight. I felt fabulous and in control. I want to remember that feeling, that little taste of success, to use as motivation always.

1 comment:

G.R.M. said...

Hi, so I just found your profile- hope ya keep updating! I have very similar weight loss goals and need all the motivation i can get so i will check out your blog alot! Plus I just started the first episode of that Super Skinny Me... i cannot wait to see it! Thanks for sharing!

check out my blog pretty-little-head@blogspot.com so we can stay intouch!