Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Back on Track

Yes, I was off my blog posting for a few days. I was also off my healthy eating (Please note that I did not say "off my diet" -- this way of eating has to be a way of life for my weight loss to stick, not just a "diet.")

A friend says that out-of-town calories don't count. That's a fun attitude when you are out of town, but not so fun when you try on your pants afterward. Yikes.

Anyway, there was a time in my life when going off-plan for a few days would have been the beginning of the end of getting in shape, but now I know that it does not have to be that way. I can bounce back from a few days of heavy eating and get back on track. It would be better not to go quite so far off track in the first place, but, hey, I'm not going to beat myself up over it.

Getting back to a healthier lifestyle is not easy and I have to ease back into it, working on changing my mindset and then changing my eating patterns. That's what I'm doing this week: getting my mind and my body back on track. Now, off to the gym!

No comments: