Sunday, January 6, 2008

Frozen veggies are my friends

125 calories. That's how many there are in a 16 oz bag of frozen mixed vegetables. Not 125 calories per serving, mind you, that's 125 for the whole dang bag.

When I'm hungry, I can go to the freezer and grab a bag of veggies (intended for stir fry or soup and available in the freezer section of your happy neighborhood grocery), microwave them, add soy sauce and seasonings, and I have a ton (well, OK a pound) of yummy, nutritious, filling food for only 125 freaking calories. That is a lot of food for very few calories.

If I want to go wild and add a little spaghetti sauce or even a half can of mushroom soup to flavor it up, I can because I've saved calories to spare. Sometimes I eat them as a meal that way and sometimes as a side dish. Either way it gives me a lot of satisfaction with next-to-no fattening power. I think I'll go eat some friends right now.

No comments: